News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10342
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:13:52 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Not sure if I'd ever buy a used house again...

Started by Anonymous, January 03, 2020, 04:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Anonymous

If I would have known the amount of work required in this house, which is only 25 years old, I would have held onto condo so I could keep this place empty for the trades to gut it...

I had no idea that a 25 year old house would be in such poor standing that it would need gutting, but it can easily happen I suppose.

$50,000 is what I budget to gut it...

Anonymous

People live like fucking pigs, and don't ever do fuck all.

Now I have to fix all that...

Anonymous

$50,000 is a conservative measure, to bring it up to my standards.

I will never do this again...

Anonymous

....well Mel, don' say we didn't warn ya!

An' now yer gonna have one helluva time sellin' it I bet.

Oh well

Live n learn!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"If I would have known the amount of work required in this house, which is only 25 years old, I would have held onto condo so I could keep this place empty for the trades to gut it...

I had no idea that a 25 year old house would be in such poor standing that it would need gutting, but it can easily happen I suppose.

Our house is forty five years old this year..

It's completely upgraded, my husband did all the upgrades while we were living in it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "The Real Joe"....well Mel, don' say we didn't warn ya!

Oh well

Live n learn!

You don't know anything about home ownership, especially in the Koots. It's still a seller's market you broke ass loser.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"

Oh well

Live n learn!

You don't know anything about home ownership, especially in the Koots. It's still a seller's market you broke ass loser.

Nobody takes home ownership advice from life long renters and relationship advice from sixty year old virgins.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"If I would have known the amount of work required in this house, which is only 25 years old, I would have held onto condo so I could keep this place empty for the trades to gut it...

What specifically is not up to snuff?

sasquatch

That's why you pay the 200$ and get a qualified home inspector to go over it and find those issues BEFORE you buy. If the homeowner doesn't want to let you do it, then walk the fuck away.

I've seen structures less than 5 years old have problems because the contractors hired incompetent dipshits to do the work, and their work starts causing issues down the road.

Anonymous

Well...that's what I suggested to you.

Hang on to your Langley condo & buy a much smaller property than you bought, say 1/5th of the land area with a small house or cottage on it. woulda left you with a solid foundation homewise, more money in the bank & additional funds to spend on an addition or renovation.

Was jes' common sense.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Guest"

Oh well

Live n learn!

Nobody takes home ownership advice from life long renters and relationship advice from sixty year old virgins.

Whatever he does, do the opposite if people want success.

Anonymous

Quote from: "sasquatch"That's why you pay the 200$ and get a qualified home inspector to go over it and find those issues BEFORE you buy. If the homeowner doesn't want to let you do it, then walk the fuck away.

I've seen structures less than 5 years old have problems because the contractors hired incompetent dipshits to do the work, and their work starts causing issues down the road.

You get a vehicle inspected and you sure as hell do for a house.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Our house is forty five years old this year..

It's completely upgraded, my husband did all the upgrades while we were living in it.

That is what smart people do. But, we are talking about the likes of Mel and Joe here.

Anonymous

I had an inspection done.  I am not an idiot.  The place is structurally sound, which is more or less all you're paying an inspector to check, contrary to what you may believe.

I just didn't realize the amount of work involved to 'fix' up a 25 year old home, that has housed three children and two apparently lazy adults, who did absolutely nothing, ever, to anything.  Nothing was ever upgraded, fixed, or replaced, and what was done was Amateur Hour.

It is clear to me now that some people view a home as a 'disposable' asset, which simply gets thrown away after it wears out.  The people that lived here were like this.  

Often you only see this once you peel away the layers.  A 'walk through' does not show this, nor does an inspection.

I will fix what is wrong, and I will make it right, but it is a far larger task than I initially bargained for.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview